Kirkland Consulting, LLC
Over the last eight years, I have had extensive experience implementing
Lawson financials, including G/L, A/P, CB, MA, AC, BR, A/R, and AM for many clients. I have consistently delivered results
on time and within budget with highly satisfied clients.
My experience with certain modules includes:
- Effectively designing company structures (for both single and multiple companies) considering
appropriate criteria in a myriad of situations. These criteria included designing
for critical elements to meet financial, legal, taxing, processing, and reporting requirements.
- Resourcefully designing charts of accounts for the most efficient financial and operational
- Properly configuring inter-company, inter-zone, and currency relationships to ensure
cost effective processing with minimal user intervention.
- Organizing and setting up allocations to ensure proper postings of allocation entries.
- Performing data conversions and interfaces to load historical G/L information, company
structures, charts of accounts, budgets, and mapping tables. This included:
- Formulating conversion strategies to determine how much data would be extracted and for
- Extracting information from non-Lawson accounting systems and formatting the data into
Lawson compatible formats.
- Loading conversion files and running conversion programs.
- Designing spreadsheet templates for large journal entries, cutting invoice
entry time by 50%.
Project and Activity Accounting (AC) and Billing and Revenue Management (BR)
- Analyzing and recommending the best use of Project and Activity Accounting
to meet reporting needs that cannot be met using only General Ledger.
- Configuring Activity Groups and Activity Structures to efficiently meet these reporting
needs and to efficiently bill Activities.
- Designing Activity control parameters to ensure Activity data integrity and facilitate
efficient reconciliation of Activity information to G/L.
- Organizing and setting up allocations to ensure cost effective postings of allocation
entries into both Activities and General Ledger.
- Designing and loading conversion files for Activity structures, Activity budgets, and
Activity mapping tables.
- Creating functional specifications for loading Activity transactions to facilitate Activity
Billing (for example, by loading Activity Resource transactions).
- Designing and setting up Activity Billing and Revenue Recognition to collect
and properly bill costs accumulated for billable Activities using cost plus and milestone billing/revenue methods.
Payable (A/P) and Cash Ledger (CB)
- Creating vendor groupings and vendor class designs to ensure efficient processing of
invoices and checks.
various third party laser printing packages with A/P to create proper check designs and ensure appropriate controls over checks.
data conversions for vendors, invoices, and checks. This includes:
conversion strategies to determine which vendors would be converted, i.e., creating strategies for “scrubbing”
the vendor file.
the vendor file.
plans for converting historical vendor and invoice data.
extracting, and loading bank check data for automatic reconciliation.
spreadsheet up-load templates for large invoices that cut entry of large entries by 50%.
- Designing and setting up asset calendars, tax and accounting books, types, account groups,
accounting unit groups, locations, and divisions to ensure proper tax treatment and interface to General Ledger.
- Extracting asset information from non-Lawson systems, configuring the information
for Lawson asset load files, and loading the conversion data into the Asset Management tables.
- Creating collection and invoicing processes for efficient receivables processing.
- Designing functional interface specifications for interface of A/R data from non-Lawson
systems into Lawson A/R and G/L.
- Converting A/R invoice and history data from non Lawson systems into Lawson A/R.
Five years of experience creating and utilizing
project management tools to effectively and efficiently manage Lawson implementation and upgrade projects for health care,
not for profit, and other entities. This included:
Constructing plans in MS Project to manage resources
plans for changes in project timing and task progress and generating weekly reports to highlight progress and problem areas.
Building budget monitoring tools to ensure that project resources were used according to budgeted
hours and dollars.
- Producing effective status reporting tools and meeting formats that enabled problems to be quickly identified and addressed
so that projects remained on track
- Managed projects that included all Lawson suites, Financial, HR/Payroll, and Procurement.
- All projects managed were completed on time and within budget.
I have worked with clients in a variety of industries
using all of the operating systems supported by Lawson. For a complete client list (by industry) and the modules
I implemented/supported at each one, download my client list from the last page of this site.